What to know in case you are travelling to Qatar – World Cup 2022
Enjoy your staying in Qatar during the World Cup 2022!
How to make your staying nice during the World Cup 2022 in Qatar?
Less than eight months left to shoutout in Qatar! This countdown is probably the most exciting ever seen since everyone is expecting this World Cup 2022 edition, as most of us had thought it was impossible to hold it.
Even though, we will watch the best of soccer this 2022 from November 21st to December 18th on the eight venues. The World Cup 2022 organization expects 1.5 million visitors throughout the tournament and if you are one of them, these are the facts you need to know.
Qatar, Germany, Denmark, Brazil, France, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, Serbia, England, Switzerland, Netherlands, Argentina, Iran, and South Korea have qualified but we are expecting 17 more countries to be part of the biggest football tournament ever seen. On the other hand, the official draw for the World Cup 2022 will take place on Friday, April 1st, 2022, in Doha, Qatar, the home and capital of the host country.
However, there is a controversy about which team will replace Russia. Some media mentioned that Norway can replace Russia: “Norway finished as the best third-place team across the group stage, failing to qualify for the knockout round by a slim margin”.
Why are slots the most popular online casino games in India?
Even though, many soccer fans are so excited to wait for the World Cup 2022, especially the ones who are booking the flight tickets for going to Qatar. If you want to go there, here we have some recommendations you can consider before going to Qatar. Check them out!
Will there be flights to Qatar?
Now, even the pandemic is still, the Covid 19 situation has improved, which lets Qatar lift the restrictions and travelers from all over the world can now enter the country. According to media, there are four airlines flying to Doha, Qatar Airways, British Airways, Air Canada, and Turkish Airlines.
Play Teen Patti during the Diwali festival in India!
If you are coming from India, you are so lucky! According to diverse sources: “Indian people do not need visa to visit Qatar for up to 30 days as the government provides free Visa on Arrival (VOA) to Indian passport holders”. So, if you live in India, it is going to be easy to attend the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Cricket betting: what players to bet on during the Cricket World Cup
On the other hand, if you want to go to Qatar to attend the FIFA World Cup 2022 and you live in any Asian country, you can book your tickets by visiting Qatar Airways webpage, which is one of the main sponsors of the World Cup 2022.
From this World Cup 2022, it is expected to receive many visitors from America. So, if you are coming from South America, the only direct flight connects Sao Paulo and Doha in just over 14 hours. Then, there are connecting flights from Buenos Aires (total travel time 17 hours), Bogota (20 hours and 30 minutes), Santiago de Chile (18 hours) and Lima (19 hours).
From Mexico, it is possible to travel to Qatar making stopovers in the United States, via Dallas it takes about 18 hours and via Miami about 17 hours and 30 minutes. Furthermore, making a stopover in Europe, via Madrid or London, the trip can take approximately 17 hours and 30 minutes.
Four things you must require when going to World Cup 2022
Many sources mention that everyone traveling to Qatar should keep well-informed of changes in travel policies and regulations through official sources. In the context of the coronavirus pandemic, the health situation is constantly evaluated, and regulations may change.
Rummy 500: another popular variant of the game at casinos
How to play Andar Bahar online
However, there are some specific requirements you will need in case of going to Qatar. It is important that you consider all of them since we must take care of ourselves when traveling since the pandemic situation is still, as mentioned before. For this and more reasons, these are the main requirements if you are willing to travel to Qatar:
- ✔️ Have a negative PCR test performed within 72 hours prior to arrival: According to many media sources, this is the main requirement to avoid getting infected when attending matches and World Cup 2022 activities.
- ✔️ Download and register in the Ehteraz app, at least three days prior to arrival: In this portal, you will be able to register all relevant documents for their trip: passport, lodging information, vaccination, and PCR negative certificate.
- ✔️ Have your documents in order: Download, sign and print a commitment form, established by the Ministry of Public Health, which is requested at Migrations.
- ✔️ Keep active your Enteraz app: Activate, upon arrival, the Ehteraz app with a local or international chip, to receive the most updated information.
Other features you must consider
Besides the previous aspect we talked about, you must consider other aspects more to do with your own staying such as weather, food, hotels, reservations, etcetera. The thing is you’d better stay as more comfortable as possible. Check out these features before travelling to Qatar:
- ✔️ The weather conditions in Qatar throughout the tournament: The average temperature expected for the end of 2022, when the FIFA World Cup will be held there, is between 18 and 24 degrees Celsius and it is ideal for fans and players alike. In case temperatures are higher, all stadiums have cutting-edge cooling systems, as we have mentioned in previous articles.
- ✔️ Accommodations and food aspects: Due to the compactness of this tournament, all the stadiums are within walking distance, travelers will be able to enjoy the World Cup without having to think about transfers and various accommodations. The menu of possibilities for accommodation in Qatar is very broad, designed to meet the most varied budgets.
- ✔️ Hotel alternatives: The classic hotel options offer accommodations ranging from 2 to 5 stars. In addition, the organization announced that fan apartments will be available for rent closer to the start of the championship. Those who want a more comfortable experience will be able to stay on the cruise ships that will be anchored in the port of Doha. For the more intrepid, there will also be desert camps for the most traditional experience possible. In short, you could get hotel reservations since $40.00 per night.
- ✔️ Means of transportations: Travelers will arrive at Hamad International Airport. From there, the public transportation system is the most economical way to get to accommodations, tourist attractions and stadiums easily and quickly. Seven of the eight playing fields are connected by the metro, which will allow them to attend more than 1 game per day. The system was inaugurated in 2019 and already has 37 stations. The value of a single trip is 2 QAR ($0.55) and a day ticket costs 6 QAR ($1.65). According to diverse sources, the transport system also includes a network of streetcars and a system of buses, 20% of the buses are electric and the rest run on low-pollution systems, as part of a commitment to sustainable mobility. Several apps are also available to hire cab services that will take fans on a renovated road network that, by the time the World Cup starts, will include 22 new highways.
- ✔️ Consumption of alcoholic beverages during the World Cup 2022: “As is well known, the consumption of alcoholic beverages is not part of Qatari culture. However, FIFA and the tournament organizers are working to ensure that visitors have access to alcoholic beverages in certain designated areas” media sources say.
Cultural features: exploring the Qatari cuisine
While Qatar is renowned for its fine dining options, the best food is found in the local markets. Visitors cannot pass by without enjoying its cafes and tasting the traditional Machbous (a spiced rice with meats), harres (a mixture of wheat, chicken, spices, and some olive oil), Shish-Kebab or Shawarmas, Hamour (the local cod) or some Lavan (an Arabic yogurt).
Moreover, you can sweeten the palate with Laqaimat (morsels of sugar syrup, lime, cardamom, saffron, powdered milk, and mushroom), Esh Esaraya (a cheese and cream tart) or Umm Ali (a dessert made of puff pastry and almonds).
What are the best tourist attractions in Qatar to visit between matches?
Besides enjoying the best soccer in the world, visitors to Qatar can complete their experience with attractions of all kinds. One of the most unique is to take a trip to the desert, to see its dunes and natural wonders, such as the Inland Sea, an impressive water reservoir in Khor Al Adaid. Camel racing, at the Al Shahaniya racetrack north of Doha, is another unique spectacle.
Within Doha, the Msheireb Downtown area is one of the most interesting, bringing together contemporary, gleaming white architecture with mosques and museums occupying stunning Arabian-style mansions.
Opposite the West Bay is the Pearl of Qatar, an artificial island with Mediterranean style, international hotels, luxury stores, cafes, and world-class restaurants. Another option is to visit Souq Waqif, with its bustling and historic market, antique and spice stores. There is also a wide variety of restaurants to enjoy the local cuisine.
Visiting museums in Qatar
Qatar's history is concentrated and preserved in its various museums. On the Arabian Gulf coast, travelers can visit the Qatar National Museum and the Museum of Islamic Art. To learn about Doha's history, one must go to the Msheireb Museums and the Mathaf Modern and Contemporary Museum.
“If you are looking for a leisure moment, going to the beach is the best option. All along the peninsula of Qatar there are multiple public beaches that coexist with luxurious hotels, which receive visitors during the day to use their facilities under the sun”, many sources say.
Furthermore, if you want to go a little further in relaxation, nature and aquatic life, the ideal place is the Purple Island, also known as Jazirat Bin Ghanim or Al Khor Island. It is one of Qatar's natural wonders, characterized by its bright green mangroves, low-tide beaches and rich fauna of fish, crabs, ﬂamencos and other wildlife forms.
Covid restrictions and vaccination
Although many restrictions were lifted in recent months, as the health situation shows signs of improvement, social distancing, and the use of masks inside enclosed spaces are still recommended.
Therefore, the use of the Ehteraz tracking and tracing application is a must-have for all travelers. At the same time, capacity levels have gradually returned to their usual numbers in restaurants, museums, and shopping malls.
According to current regulations, with a year to go until the World Cup, depending on their vacation status and country of origin, tourists may have to undergo some form of quarantine. Travelers who are fully vaccinated with any of the approved vaccines in the country (Pfizer/BionNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Jansen/Johnson & Johnson) must present the original vaccination certificate:
“This will avoid quarantine. On the other hand, tourists who are fully vaccinated with partially approved vaccines (Sinopharm, Sinovac and Sputnik) will undergo an antibody test upon arrival. If the result is negative, they will also be exempted from quarantine”, experts say.
If going to Qatar, you must get a negative PCR test performed within 72 hours prior to arrival. In addition, it is important to mention that besides the PCR, you must wear mask, carry alcohol gel and all you need to avoid getting infected. In fact, media are constantly reporting if there is any change in the schedules or venues when the COVID 19 cases increase.
Furthermore, you require to download the Enteraz app to register all relevant documents for their trip: passport, lodging information, vaccination, and PCR negative certificate. In addition, you need to sign and print a commitment form, established by the Ministry of Public Health, which is requested at Migrations.
On the other hand, if going to Qatar, it is important to consider your staying right there. In fact, you will enjoy culture, food, great hotel prices and other advantages at the same time you have fun when watching the best of soccer. So, if you go to Qatar, plan your travelling with anticipation and have fun right there!
How to understand soccer before betting on the World Cup 2022
Which team will succeed in the World Cup 2022?